Dental crowns are dental caps for your teeth that restore their shape and functionality. Getting teeth crowns for crooked or chipped teeth can restore your smile and your natural bite. And while dental crown costs are higher than pulling the tooth, your insurance usually covers a percentage of the cost, and crowns can last a lifetime.
At Broadway Family Dental we use only the best dental materials available in the USA. Dentist in Brooklyn, NY Dr. Dekhtyar works with top dental labs in New York and uses only the highest quality dental components available on the market today including the best quality medical grade titanium or titanium alloy for dental implants.
What Is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is as much of an investment in a healthy self-image as they are to your continued dental health. Dental crowns and teeth caps are a solid way to repair your smile by making it stronger and improving its appearance. Teeth crowns also restore your teeth’s natural shape and size.
A dental crown serves as a teeth cap to cover either one of your own existing teeth or in conjunction with a dental implant. The tooth-shaped cap fits like a glove over your own tooth or the implant, covering everything above the gum line.
When Do You Need Dental Crowns?
Dental caps on teeth and crowns are often used to strengthen teeth if you have a large filling and there isn’t really enough of your own tooth left to support the filling. Your Brooklyn dentist may also decide that a crown is the best way to anchor a bridge. But teeth caps and crowns are also used to:
- Protect teeth that are weak
- Restore any that may already be broken
- Cover ones that are discolored or badly shaped
- Protect a dental implant
When you’re dealing with a leading family dentistry practice in Brooklyn, NY you know your smile and your oral health is the primary concern. While a crown can treat or correct the issues listed above, it’s possible that you may need additional dental work such as root canal or filling to prepare for teeth crowns or dental caps.
How Much Does a Dental Crown Cost?
Dental crown cost can be a little steep, especially if you don’t have dental insurance. But you can choose from several types of dental crowns, which affect the price:
- Stainless steel crowns are prefabricated and typically used as a temporary fix while waiting for a permanent crown to be made.
- Other metals and alloys with high gold or platinum content rarely chip or break and resist wear the longest. They’re ideal for out-of-sight molars, which are subject to lots of force and wear.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns have a much more natural appearance than metal ones. Your crown is color-matched to your surrounding teeth. These crowns put more wear on the opposing teeth and are more prone to damage.
- All-resin crowns are less expensive than other types, but wear down over time. They’re the most prone to fracturing.
- All-porcelain or all-ceramic crowns have the most natural appearance. These teeth crowns are suitable if you suffer from a metal allergy. All-ceramic crowns can be used for front and back teeth.
- Acrylic or metal-based temporary crowns restore or maintain your tooth until a permanent crown can be custom made for you in a dental laboratory.
The dental crown cost in Brooklyn, NY varies, depending on an array of variables. But the type of crown you choose and how much additional dental work you need have the greatest impact on your final costs. Generally, an individual dental crown cost between $800 and $1,700 or more. Most dental insurance policies cover at least a portion of this expense. Be sure to check with your insurance company.
Broadway Family Dental
Brooklyn, New York 11221
Web Address: https://www.broadwayfamilydentalpc.com